Are you teaching full circle?
The Balanced Instruction ScoreCard
Here is a simple worksheet to assess if your teaching is traveling full circle and addressing the 4 Quadrants of Learning in the 4MAT Learning Cycle.
Check off those you are doing well to assess the range of teaching methods.
Quadrant One Score ________
- Begin by building on what they already know.
- Make it an experience.
- Get them to share their personal stories and perceptions.
Quadrant Two Score ________
- Teach the overarching ideas.
- Explore relationships between big ideas.
- Synthesize as well as analyze.
Quadrant Four Score __________
- Have multiple options to show mastery.
- Require new questions as part of the learning results.
- Use rubrics that students know ahead of time.
- Have students evaluate the use of learning in their own lives.
Quadrant Three Score ________
- Make your practice require knowledge.
- Differentiate practice, providing multiple methods for students to demonstrate understanding.
- Use open-ended problem solving.
Excellent and simple approach